Ramen is tough to find vegetarian, because of the broth. It’s usually made from a meat stock. I will say vegan curry ramen is one wonderful thing I find about living in LA. Most ramen restaurants have a vegan or vegetarian option. But if you don’t have a vegan option near you, I recommend trying this at-home recipe from Kylie at the Midwest Foodie Blog. I personally love it and make just a few adjustments, noted below.
Simple idea: Try vegan ramen!
Why I Love This:
- So fresh! I love eating all of these veggies!
- Really nice, balanced Asian flavor
- So quick, so easy (I buy the veggies ready to dump in.)
- Gluten free, without losing flavor, GF rice noodles are perfect
- Reminds me of sitting in our favorite ramen shop in Tokyo
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1–3 tablespoons red curry paste, I use this one
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk, see here for example
- 8 oz. gluten free rice noodles, see here for example
- Juice of 1 lime, I use pure lime juice
- Sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Soak rice noodles in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots, peas and mushrooms along with a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add curry paste, curry powder, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Stir in broth and coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to medium high and bring to a simmer.
- Add rice noodles and cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are desired consistency.
- Stir in the juice of 1 lime.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Let me know if you try this Vegan Curry Ramen! I truly think it is one of the best recipes I’ve ever found. So cozy and comforting and purely yummy.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases through links on this page. Money made on these purchases goes into For Animals. For Earth., helping us reach new people and help more animals. Thank you for your support!