I can’t tell you how excited I was when I came across this recipe from Real + Vibrant. It’s an Indian dish that I make as our main meal. But, I think you could easily add this as a side dish to get a boost of protein, fiber and iron into your meal.
Why I Love This:
- It’s naturally vegan & gluten free
- It’s quick & super easy
- It’s cheap
- It’s good for us
- Perfect for a warm & cozy night
- I double the recipe for leftovers throughout the week.
- I use powdered cumin, rather than seeds, and powdered ginger for ease.
- Because I use cumin powder… After soaking, I warm oil in the saucepan, then add dal and rice mixture before the powdered spices. I cook it for a minute, while I measure and dump in the spices. After that, I cook the dal + spices for a minute or two, then add water.
- I add chopped parsley, lemon juice and salt right before serving.
Link to Ingredients:
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links, and shopping through these links supports For Animals For Earth. Thank you for your support!