I love sustainable products marketplaces! They make life as a conscious consumer so much easier by curating products that are all made ethically and not significantly harming the environment.
I believe we are living in a moment of transition. New conscious brands emerge everyday, which is incredibly exciting. But we’re not yet to the point that we can walk into a mall and know that our purchase isn’t harming people, animals and the environment. Quite the contrary actually.
So how do we shop? It’s hard, right? I think that sustainable products marketplaces give us the solution we need. They pull together products that align with the owner’s values and morals, and as long as their values align with ours, we can shop freely.
So I created a list of marketplaces that I think are good and offer a wide variety of options. I chose 6 to highlight today. But you can access the full list in our Free Library here.
6 Sustainable Products Marketplaces:
1. LEAF’D: Wide variety of products from clothing and accessories, to food, kitchen, bedding, and pets. The pet section, especially, drew me in. So many options! If you sell an eco friendly product, it’s easy to apply to be included here as well. Just use the link in the footer. leafd.com
2. MADE TRADE: Furniture and home decor are my favorite offering here. They even have lamps! You can filter items by preference such as POC owned, vegan, fair trade, or made in the USA. Made Trade also carries a large selection of clothing for men, women and children, as well as tons of shoes and accessories. MadeTrade.com
3. BLK + GRN: All natural marketplace curated with all black artisans. Blk + Grn carries a wide range of skin care, hair, and beauty products. They also carry teas, cleaning supplies and candles. Their shop seems to be continuously growing. You’ll find a lot of new brands that you likely haven’t seen before. BlkGrn.com
4. THE CURA CO: Run by a woman who is rumored to be one of the most amazing human beings on the planet: Kiko Waters. Cura Co. is a carefully curated collection of apparel, accessories, home goods, and beauty products. The shop is located in Seattle but sells goods from around the world. TheCuraCo.com
5. TEN THOUSAND VILLAGES: The Williams Sonoma of sustainable product marketplaces. This shop is filled with cute things for the home and kitchen, including dinnerware, serving dishes, and outdoor entertaining. They also have a spa section with candles, soaps and robes. TenThousandVillages.com
6. UNCOMMON GOODS: I love this marketplace because it is filled with so many unique gifts with very clear stories of where they came from. You can easily find something fun and new for house warming, holiday, or wedding gifts. UncommonGoods.com
FOR A LIST OF 30+ SUSTAINABLE PRODUCT MARKETPLACES: These are just 6 of the 30+ sustainable products marketplaces that I’ve found. You can download the full list from the For Animals. For Earth. free resources section here.